Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nightmares After The I.C.U.  by Jan Hoffman.  The New York Times.  July 22, 2013.

(1)  Studies show that about _______ %of I.C.U patients have PTSD symptoms as long as two years after their experience.

(2)  PTSD symptoms are particularly likely after __________________________

(3)  __________ behaviors are an example of the symptoms of P.T.S.D.

(4)  ___________, rather than the patient, sometimes develop symptoms of being traumatized.

(5)  I.C.U P.T.S.D suffers sometimes have horrors that cannot be __________.

(6)  Length of I.C.U stay increases the risk of _________________.

(7)  True or False:  Men are more at risk for P.T.S.D obtained in intensive care than are women.

(8)  ____________ patients may be more likely to develop symptoms of PTSD than elderly patients.

(9)  The most harrowing fashbacks in the I.C.U come from ____________.

(10)  The Society of Critical Care Medicine recommends treating _________ first then use sedatives such as benzodiazepines later if need for __________.

(11)  PTSD from the I.C.U may take up to a __________ for recovery.

(12)  Giving family members things to do will _____________________.

(13)  An I.C.U. diary serves as a __________________

(14)  What are two hospitals mentioned in the article that focus on the challenges of the post-IC.U. patient?

No comments:

Post a Comment